The Windows 7 Codec Pack is an easy way to install all main stream codecs to play movie and music files downloaded from the internet or ripped from original discs. Installation is made simple with an easy install option and the most functional setting are automatically applied. Popular file types are set to play in Windows Media Player automatically, although the codecs will work in every player. Codecs for encoding and editing are installed by the pack with settings automatically applied to suit most encoding, ripping and editing applications.The codec pack includes both 32bit and 64bit codecs enabling it to work with 32bit and 64bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Media Player.
Files supported include .mkv (Matroska) .avi .bdmv .evo .mp4 .m4v .m4a .flv .webm .ogm .ogg .ts .ps .ac3 (Dolby Digital) .dts (Digital Theater Surround) .mpg .mpeg (MPEG2) .flac .ape (Monkey Audio) .aac (Advanced Audio Coding) .ofr (OptimFrog) .mpc (Musepack) .wv (WavPack) and many more Compression types supported include 10bit x264 (Hi10p), x264, h264, AVC, DivX, XviD, MJPEG (Morgan JPEG) MPEG4 and many more.
What’s new in this version:
- Version 4.0.4:
- Updated ffdshow to revision 4475 build 20120717.
- Updated ffdshow x64 to revision 4475 build 20120717.
- Updated LAV Splitter to version 0.51.3.
- Updated LAV Splitter x64 to version 0.51.3.
- Updated FLV Splitter to version 18.104.22.16802.
- Updated FLV Splitter x64 to version 22.214.171.12402.
- Updated CDXA Reader to version 126.96.36.19902.
- Updated CDXA Reader x64 to version 188.8.131.5202.